Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quesadillas, cake mix cookies and anniversary

After having the chicken quesadilla at Coffee And... the other day, I decided to make my own with shredded chicken breast (baked in the toaster over in olive oil and lemon juice) and diced red bell pepper, tossed with salsa and sprinkled with cheddar.
And I've been craving both chocolate and cookies lately with the weather starting to act like it should in November. These are uber easy... inspired by Kai, who first turned me on to cake mix cookies. Just dump a chocolate cake mix in a bowl (on sale at Kroger for $1!) add two eggs, 1/2 cup oil and mix. Then plunk heaping spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bakeuntil the tops look set at 350 degrees. I ate three of these soft giants before Joe got home from work to take me out to dinner for our unofficial anniversary.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, I make cake mix cookies all the time! Sooo easy. And you can make all kinds of cake mix bars. I just made some cake mix brownies yesterday for church---I just add 1/2 cup melted butter and 2 eggs to a chocolate cake mix and then sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Yum!