Monday, October 20, 2008

Chi-town chow

My mom made sure I got to eat my favorite meals while we visited my side of the family the last three days.Thai Garden on Golf Road has been the subject of a previous post. I love their panang with vegetables and tofu, "Popeye" chicken (served in sweet peanut sauce over wilted spinach) and shrimp pad thai. This was our meal with Nan on Wed night when we first got into town. So good that I even ate leftovers for breakfast one morning.
Lou Malnati's Salad (mushrooms, tomatoes, black olives, proscuitto crunchies and gorgonzola over spring mix tossed in a sweet vinaigrette) and big fat rings of calamari so tender I wondered if it was fully cooked.
Joe and I also managed a casual lunch date at the Corner Bakery attached to Maggianos. I had the California style panini with artichoke, zuch and other veggies. Joe had caprese on a baguette. Thanks to Chappelears for the Maggianno's gift card for Joe's birthday.

No comments: