Friday, August 22, 2008

Welcome little Munchkie

So begins a new era of one-handed blogging...
As promised in the mass e-mail Joe sent to many of you, I'm finally back at the blog. Stephen Vincent, born Sunday at 12:14 p.m. after 12 hours laboring at Jennie Stuart, is asleep (sort of) in his crib behind me, but I started this post cradling him in one arm and typing with the other.
This is the photo they took at the hospital just before we left on Tuesday morning. My experience at the hospital was worth writing about, and I'd like to write about it ... later. Let's focus on the fun stuff first.
This is a photo I took of Stephen Saturday afternoon. I was already having contractions at this point. He LOVED to be on the right side of my belly. I called in "triangle stomach" because from my angle it looked like I had some kind of wedge-shaped being inside me.

And we'll skip the trauma of delivery, right to the happy part afterward. Here's the happy Parrinos and a happy Tilsch (My mom, Mamie).

More posts to come, I promise. Just getting used to a routine that involves nursing every 2 to 4 hours and changing diapers, nuzzling, burping and cradling in between. Somehow, I still manage to eat! That will be the topic of the next post... "I am what he eats."

3 comments:

Rachel said...

YAY, YAY, YAY! What a darling baby boy! Congrats, Em and Joe! Can't wait to see more pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
We are so happy for you guys.
Stephen Vincent is such a cute little thing.
Looks like he's got his dad's big big eyes and his mom's beautiful eyebrows. :)

TN said...

OH, thank you for this post! I just could eat him up, he is so adorable! Can't wait to see you and him in person!

Love to you,

Tina