Thursday, September 27, 2007

I dream of bean cream


I just want to give a shout out to Soy Dream Mint Chocolate Chip. It's my new favorite non-dairy dessert. It's also a little pricey at almost $5 a pint. So if you ever want to get me something nice...

Soy Dream very closely replicates the taste and mouth feel of real ice cream (I occasionally sneak a spoonful of Joe's pistachio ice cream, so I haven't completely forgotten what bliss is supposed to taste like) Also, they really amp up the mintyness without drowning dessert in green food coloring. The chocolate chips are a little gritty, but I think that might be because Kroger doesn't sell Soy Dream fast enough to keep super fresh stock in the freezer cases. And, to excuse them further, I don't think chocolate chips ever stay creamy in frozen desserts.

There's 8 grams of fat per 1/2 cup serving... enough to make it satisfying, but not enough to induce regret.

No comments: