Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Saturday fast


Usually these posts are about food. But I'm going to switch it up a bit... Joe and I didn't eat on Saturday as we participated in a fast with several thousand other Christians at LP Field in Nashville. The day began at 4:00 a.m. for us. At 7 we joined 50,000 people for a silent march from a park down Church Street to the stadium. As we walked we prayed. The sun scorched us for most of hte day as we listened to testimonies and prayers, sang worship songs and prayed individually and in groups. We left around 4:00 (though the event lasted til 10 p.m.). It was 9:00 p.m. before I ate 3 bowls of cereal with slivered almonds and Silk.

Joe and I have been describing it as a scene from the Old Testament. Huge crowd. Crying out to God in unison, with a sense that God was present as He was with Israel. I'm more of a new testament kind of gal :-) but this definitely whet my appetite for a little exploration into how God moved then, and now.

No comments: