Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Swishin' by myself


Shabu Shabu

Tonight I made myself a little hot pot... one of my top 5 foods I think everyone should try in their lifetime. With a fondue pot, or just a pot on the stovetop, it's a very simple dish to make. Start with boiling water or chicken broth. Add a dash of teriaki or soy sauce. Drop in cabbage leaves, lettuce leaves, onion, garlic, green onion, tomato, mushrooms, tofu, corn on the cob, taro (or potato if you, like me, cannot get taro).


I used chunks of catfish tonight. But true Shabu would use thin slices of beef. One you've got your pot full of goodies, go fishing. Then dunk your catch in an addictive sauce of rice vinegar, soy sauce, 1 clove garlic, sliced green onion and a tsp of sugar. At the end add noodles and drink a soothing soup. Good stuff.

No comments: