Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Popped it myself

Last night I made popcorn on the stovetop for the first time...and even though my nose is stuffed and I can hardly taste anything, I can't believe how much yummier real popcorn is than the microwave version I've been living on most of my life.

Oh-- If you're wondering how to make your own popcorn (now that I'm the "expert" ha ha) Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a 3 quart pot on medium high heat. Add three kernels and put the lid on. Pour 1/3 cup of kernels into a measuring cup and wait until you hear the first kernel pop. When you do, add the rest and put the lid back on and shake the pot gently. Keep shaking until you don't hear any more popping. Remove the lid and let the steam escape for a moment. Then transfer into a big bowl, add salt or seasonings to taste and enjoy.

I think this might be really good with garlic-infused oil or some other flavored oil...

No comments: