Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pound cake and good reading


Lots of people have asked me if I've had any pregnancy-related cravings. I don't think so... I've been trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies and avoiding processed foods, but I do get a sweet tooth from time to time. My cravings rarely go unanswered. I was just craving a dessert when there was a knock at my door and my good friend and neighbor Saya dropped off a hunk of homemade apple pound cake.

I warmed it up and covered it in cool whip (yeah, I know that is the epitomy of processed foods) and sunk my eyes into my newest care package from our aunt Mary Alice.... who sent me a green baby book and two pregnancy mags. What a treat!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Emily! Thanks to Google Reader, I am reading your blog again. And now know you are pregnant! Congratulations :)

Now that I am married, I think I will be headed to your blog more often to look for new recipe ideas. Keep blogging!