Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hananoki


My first time trying Hananoki in Clarksville, Tenn., was a success. Though this "salad roll" was a little different. Notice there's no rice or seaweed in this roll, which is encased in cucumber coils. The center has imitation crab, shrimp and a very small bit of smoked salmon and some avocado. I didn't realize what I was ordering because I changed my mind at the last minute so Blair and I could get two different things and share. She ordered what I was originally going to get. THe volcano roll was so good that I forgot to take a photo. It was basically california roll with some "crunch" or fried panko bits on the inside. It was the reverse kind of sushi roll... and it had a big mound of imitation crab shreds marinated in a spicy sauce. And it had been torched so the tips of the crab mound were singed. Very tasty.

I also enjoyed their salad... the dressing was mayo free. I might have added a little sugar to it to make it perfect.

No comments: