Monday, October 14, 2013

Yummy plummy noodles

So, in order to get this blog back up and running, I've devised a new strategy-- mobile blogging from all the pictures I've taken over the last year... All those photos that I took thinking "I should post this on Moody Foodie," but didn't.  So, here we go:


I must say, the first time I made these Doong Ji Korean noodles, I thought they were a bust. For one thing, I wasn't in the mood for their cold slithery texture. Plus, I had over cooked them, allowing them to congeal into a cold slithery blob. 

Ok so why on earth would I blog about said slithery noodles? A couple of months ago, in the heat of a Kentucky August, I tried them again (this time following the directions.) And they were delightfully refreshing in all their slipperiness. The plum flavored cold broth is really different, but so good on a sultry evening. I topped mine with a hard boiled egg and veggies for a satisfying summer dinner.

No comments: