Thursday, December 09, 2010

Getting artsy

I don't do a lot of creative cooking these days... with a two-year-old, a part-time job, baby due Feb 3 and various other projects to keep me busy, it seems I've lost a lot of my foodiness lately :-(. Joe now works at the local high school and keeps slightly odd hours. But occasionally I fight my laziness and make something interesting--or at least interesting to look at.

This one was trying to take a page from the Tre Kronor book (where I ate the most delicious fish ever back in September.) I mashed sweet potato with butter, orange juice and apples. I stacked some baked whiting on top of that, then spinach and a tomato relish. The whole thing is bordered with some flour-dusted, pan-fried zuchinni. Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I was wondering if you could find it out of your time to post the recipe for all of this?! I would really like to give it a try :) or you can send it to me @definitecharm@hotmail.com

thank you-- your blog is great!

Emily said...

Hi there! Thanks for your kind words. I wish I had a recipe... but to be honest, most of the food I make is roughly based off something yummy I had in a restaurant or at someone's house. I'll see if I can come up with some kind of instructions, but I'm afraid they won't be fool-proof :)