Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fairy-tale salad and fresh chicken spring rolls

I loved the way some of my raddishes from the farmer's market turned out to be purple. The purple ones were milder than the hot-pink edged variety. The two together made for a very pretty salad with peas, garbanzos and butter lettuce.
I harvested some of my cilantro, purple basil and globe basil to make spring rolls. The filling also included mung bean threads, chopped cabbage, chopped butter lettuce and strips of baked chicken breast.

My peanut sauce, which is not pictured, is:
big gob peanut butter
splashes vinegar and soy sauce
1 fat clove garlic, minced
mini glob honey
little shake cayenne

2 comments:

ccnp training in delhi said...

very nice blog dear. i like it.

Joan J said...

I love radishes! I cut them in half and add them to other veggies, put them in a foil pouch and cook them on the grill. Cooked radishes taste very much like other root vegetables but with a slight "kick". Yum!