Friday, May 07, 2010

Coconut chicken sweet potato curry


I mentioned in my previous post that I've been on a campaign to feed my husband lunch. I'm really embarrassed to say that ever since he started his permanant subbing position at Rossview Middle School in Clarksville, I couldn't quite get up early enough to pack him some leftovers.

When I was tallying up our receipts and saw things like atomic fireballs and giant packs of slimjims, I knew it was time to intervene. So, with the purchase of a new set of plastic food containers, I spent one very productive Friday making freezer meals.

I made the quiche muffins from the previous post, a hearty turkey vegetable soup (canned tomato, canned corn, ground turkey, head cabbage, garbanzos, potato, green beans), and this coconut chicken curry with sweet potatoes and peas. The photo is the curry spread over some instant rice noodles.

To make an easy curry:
Saute some chicken or extra firm tofu until browned.
Pour in a can of coconut milk.
Add some fish sauce (or soy)
Curry powder
Salt and sugar to taste
I like adding a little cayenne, but your favorite hot sauce will do.
Add cooked veggies and let the whole things simmer until everything's permeated with the sauce.
Squeeze a half or whole lime over it, if you like a little tang.
Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments: