Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The last bits of summer

Joe and I rarely get to eat together because of Stephen's penchant for not sleeping. But we did get this meal in: Pizza with the last of the garden basil, parsley and tomatoes. Though the weather is still warm here in Kentucky, most all of my plants are dead... haven't had a whole lot of time to tend to them :-( Also had a nice salad with romaine, mushrooms and roasted red bell pepper with balsamic vinaigrette.
And a few bites of fall... Joe got me a pumpkin bagel from the Einsteins on post. I LOVE Einsteins Bagels. This is donut country, but bagels were a big deal when I was in college and I definitely prefer them to their fluffier counterparts. I used to stop at the Einsteins on Case's campus just before church on Sundays to get a hot blueberry bagel. The blueberries actually taste like blueberries, not just flecks of bluish mystery substance like the bagels you get in the grocery store. Anyhow, I'm glad Fort Campbell has a bagel shop.

No comments: