Sunday, July 06, 2008

In my garden


I was really shocked to find that I've actually grown some real, edible vegetables. Four large cucumbers have been hiding out under those big fuzzy floppy leaves, and I didn't even know it. When I spotted the first one, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I thought it was one of the neighbors cucumbers that somehow landed among my plants. But when I grabbed it, my plant moved with it. They have some of those pokey hairs, but once scrubbed with a coarse sponge, they're just like the grocery store cucs. Lots more on the way. Also picked my first lemon boy tomato...which is sort of a siamese twin. One side was yellow and there was a crack forming on the green side. Didn't want it to rot, so I picked it before it was fully ripe on both sides.

My patio tomatoes aren't doing too bad either, though I need to prop them up with some more doll rods.

No comments: