Monday, May 26, 2008

Lic's house dressing


I don't think I've had too many urgent cravings, Joe might disagree. But last Wednesday I had a hankering for a turkey sandwich from Lic's with extra house dressing. Wednesday was also yet another day so crammed full of work activities that I didn't really even have time for lunch. Joe offered to pick some up for me and so I sent him on the mission for the turkey sub with no cheese or mayo and extra dressing. Poor guy, first time it came with cheese and mayo and no dressing. He sent it back. Second time it came on buttered toasted bread with no cheese, no mayo and no dressing. That's what he brought to me.

No dressing? That was the ingredient in particular that I was craving. So I refused to eat the sandwich, like a pouting 5-year-old. I made him hand over the reciept, and declared I would make Lic's make it right.

By now it's 1:30 p.m. and the hungry pregnant woman's wrath and determination is mounting. I stopped at the deli on my way to another assignment, in the New Era car. A couple of Lic's employees were sitting outside the building on break. One of them jumped to her feet and ducked in the side door as soon as I lugged myself and the faulty sandwich out of the car.I must have looked a little cross.

Anyhow, I got the sandwich I wanted with extra dressing and was offered cookies to assuage my grief :) After covering my assignment I parked myself on a park bench and enjoyed a belated lunch before rushing back to the newsroom.

No comments: