Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Frittata first attempt


I've been busy with non-cooking tasks... so a quick meal was in order. Since I bought my cast iron skillet, I've been wanting to make a frittata, which begins on the range, and finishes in the oven.

Here's a loose recipe:
Saute 2 cloves chopped garlic, 3 Tbs onion, 1/4 cup red bell pepper, 3/4 cup frozen spinach, and 1/2 cup cauliflower florets in some vegetable oil until tender.
Beat 6 eggs with some pepper and garlic salt, then pour over the veggies in the skillet. Prod at it a bit to let the runny parts run under the cooked parts. When it starts to look somewhat set, shake some parmesan on top, then transfer to a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or so. (Until knife comes out clean.) Slice and eat... with ketchup if you're like me.

No comments: