Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Pasta shapes

While Joe was in Cleveland this weekend I bummed some meals and movies off the Martins. Shirley made garlic bread and spaghetti, Jeremy made some very lime-y salsa. I don't know if you can tell from my photo, but the noodles were hollow and had little ridges in them. It made fork-swirling the noodles more of a challenge, but they had a nice chewy texture compared to their solid counterparts.

Last night after I picked Joe up from the airport we had a late dinner at Romano's Macaroni Grill at Opry Mills Mall. I had the "make your own" pasta (it's like a high-class version of Za's for all you Champaigners). Whole-wheat penne with pesto, chicken, broccoli, artichokes and mushrooms. Joe had pesto pizza. (Looks like I need to hurry up and grow some basil, doesn't it?)
Joe likes wagon wheels, farfalle and penne. I've always been a fan of the more complex pasta shapes. Radiatorres and Cavatappi and Gemeli are my current favorites. As we drove home, we tried to imagine some new pasta shapes. What about a snail shell or some kind of coil? Honey comb? Bugles? Chex shaped?

No comments: